Dave — take a look at the Simrad GS25 GPS sensor:
http://www.simrad-yachting.com/en-US/Products/GPS/GS25-en-us.aspx
<http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Products/NMEA-2000/Point-1-en-us.aspx>

Priced under $200.  It comes with a 15-foot NMEA2000 cable and Micro connector
to plug into a ”T” on a standard NMEA2k backbone.

A nice bonus is the fast 10Hz heading data you get out of the onboard magnetic
compass; if you don’t have an autopilot to supply fast heading data, this will
still allow you to do reliable radar overlay on your plotter.

See, Pete — I don’t ALWAYS suggest Raymarine…   :^)

— Fred

Fred Street -- Minneapolis