An owner (or Admiral) decides where the ship will go. A captain decides when the ship will go.

        Cheers, Russ
        Sweet 35 mk-1

At 03:14 PM 02/10/2015, you wrote:

boundary="_004_84EF6C7F5B88DF41B6631E309DAC6A23024BCDAD0145CNEXCHMAIL1_";
        type="multipart/alternative"

A captain wouldn’t do that but an owner sitting in an office might order a captain to do such a thing. Contracts with penalties for late delivery are serious things. After all, the Xmas shopping season is almost here.

I’m not a sailor. I simply bought my boat and sail it in a lake when the weather’s peachy. However, I have to ask: is it possible that the container ship either couldn’t turn around in time or that it was not safe in port? Any merchant mariners on the list?

Steve Staten
Langley, OK, USA
“C’est La Vie”
C&C 27

From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Bill Coleman via CnC-List
Sent: Friday, October 02, 2015 4:49 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Bill Coleman
Subject: Stus-List Darwins List

Who in their right mind would take a Container Ship, of all things, into a known, sitting Cat 4 Hurricane?

Container ship hit by Hurricane Joaquin lost, Coast Guard searching

<http://weatherplus.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2015/10/02/container-ship-hit-by-hurricane-joaquin-lost-coast-guard-searching/>http://weatherplus.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2015/10/02/container-ship-hit-by-hurricane-joaquin-lost-coast-guard-searching/

Bill Coleman
C&C 39 Erie, PA
animated_favicon1