I suggest checking out this website for some realistic information about bilge
pumps and their effectiveness:

http://www.safety-marine.co.uk/spages/how-to-specify-the-right-bilge-pump-for-your-vessel.htm

There are many other sites with similar information.

It bears out my thought that the best bilge pump is a frightened man with a
bucket.

Rich Knowles
Nanaimo, BC
Boatless and pumpless.