Mission accomplished.....cut a grove in the stripped Philips bolt head with a small hacksaw....I had to file the flat head screwdriver thinner to get it fit into the newly cut grove.... enough torque to cause it to turn.....took all the other SS nuts and bolts (holds the bimini together) apart today and lubed with Locktite Lock Ease.

Tomorrow will bring a new challenge....remove a few thoroughly rusted out screws in my cradle that holds the wooden components of the 'front bunk' in place. We use a marine railway at our club which means the cradle is fully submerged to accept the boat. If the wooden components are not secure to the cradle, they might just float away and the front bottom of my boat could end up resting on the metal cradle rather than 'carpet covered wood'. If I don't get time to do it before the boat is hauled this week, I will duct tape them secure.

If you want a job done fast, give it to a lazy person.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84
Halifax, N.S.