I have the bigger one and it is MORE than plenty for a boat. Unless you have 2
people showering at once or something the smaller one will be fine.
Joe
Coquina

From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of
Jean-Francois J Rivard via CnC-List
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2015 9:48 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Jean-Francois J Rivard; dre...@gmail.com
Subject: Stus-List new fresh water pump suggestions

Hi Paul,

Between the two I'd go with the 2.9 based on the combination of flow / PSI  /
Amps. The 2.9 needs a 10 amps circuit / breaker while the 3.5 needs a 15 amp
circuit.

Your boat most likely has the 10 amp breaker, you'd have to at least change the
breaker / possibly upgrade the wiring as well. Also, if you are counting amps
while on the hook, the higher capacity pump will take a deeper cut into your
batteries.

That is also why I decided to rebuild  / stick with the original model 500736
pump on my boat. It's a little noisy but it's built like a truck,  easy to
rebuild,  and makes 3.0 GPM  / 40 PSI on a 8 amp circuit / breaker.

-Francois Rivard
1990 34+ "Take Five"
lake Lanier, GA

Hi,

I am in the process of upgrading the fresh water plumbing on my boat.  The old
fresh water pump was removed long before I obtain this project.  I am currently
deciding between two pumps: a Jabsco Par-Max 2.9gal/min 50psi (31395-0092) and
a Jabsco Par-Max 3.5gal/min 40psi (32600-0092).   The Par-Max 3.5 cost about
50% more.    I want to favor the Par-Max 2.9 to conserve water but I am
interested to hear what other think about the 2.9 gal/min flow being enough?

Thanks for anyones input.

-
Paul E.
1981 C&C 38 Landfall
S/V Johanna Rose
Carrabelle, FL
Regards
________________________________

François Rivard

 4111 Northside Pkwy, Nw

[cid:image001.gif@01D10117.12B6F1F0]

Big Data Black Belt

 Atlanta, 30327-3015

IBM Sales & Distribution, Software Sales

 Usa

Mobile:

770-639-0429

e-mail: