Hi Paul,

The first thing to clear up is that the pump capacity does not determine the amount of water used. In other words, the higher capacity pump does not waste more water... the consumer is the one wasting water!
Whew. Glad to get that out of the way.

Since you expressed interest in conserving water, and I'm onside 100%, I am led to believe that pressure water use will be somewhat closely monitored (observed) by the skipper. If this is the case I recommend the Jabsco Par-Max 3.5gal/min 40psi (32600-0092) with built-in bypass valve and no accumulator. This will provide decent galley service and occasional shower. This is not a recommendation for a liveaboard type system or sailing with a high maintenance Admiral (or girlfriend)!

It is economical. Sure it's 50% more than the lessor Jabsco but it's only 50 bucks in the real world AND you don't need an accumulator, initially. If you find the need to improve the system later then add the accumulator. BTW, the cheaper Jabsco will really benefit having the accumulator installed at the onset.

        Cheers, Russ
        Sweet, 35 mk-1