La Belle Aurore, 25 mk1 hull number 225, still has the roller furling boom –
and I even still have the crank that came with the boat for furling. Like
Touche, the roller boom is disabled by the Garhauer Vang. Bell has end boom
sheeting with the traveler on the transom. And though I have done away with the
topping lift, I still use the little rotating plate on the end of the boom as
the attachment point for the mainsheet block.

I don’t really think this was the pinnacle of sailboat technology. But if it
works, why change it.

Rick Brass

Imzadi  C&C 38 mk 2

la Belle Aurore C&C 25 mk1