To: <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: "Jake Brodersen" <captain_j...@cox.net>
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2015 6:54 PM
Subject: Re: Stus-List 33ii mainsail reefing

Mike,

Unless you used stainless rivets, I doubt that aluminum rivets will hold up in this application. Since it's near the end of the boom, thru-bolting the
fitting may be more secure.  Even stainless rivets might pull out of an
aluminum boom when used without a backing plate, but in your case, the
fasteners are being tested for their shear strength. Aluminum might last a
while, but stainless fasteners would be preferred.

Jake

Jake Brodersen
C&C 35 Mk-III "Midnight Mistress"
Hampton VA