"They can do no wrong ;)”

You mean like placing the forward keelboat directly underneath the mast of my
37’ ? ;-)

Years back a friend of mine had an Carl Schumacher designed Oyster 48 Lightwave
built for him and shipped to Ft. Lauderdale for commissioning. The factory
boxed it up and strapped it into its cradle, loaded it aboard a freighter and
off it went to the U.S.

In Florida the off-loading crane attached the lift lines to the toe-rails and
proceeded to lift the boat, cradle attached, off the ship and onto the dock…

Other than wrecked toe-rails and some localized damage, the boat was fine.

We raced and cruised the East Coast and Bahamas in some crappy conditions and
it was absolutely one of my favorite fast cruising boats. Built like a tank.

Best,
Dave Godwin
1982 C&C 37 - Ronin
Reedville - Chesapeake Bay