On my trip to New England, Pegathy was taking on a lot of water while underway.
Turned out to be an open hose attached to a no longer used thru hull near the
stern. The thru hull was above water line at rest, and below while underway. It
dumped enough water in to put the floorboards under in a 38. Double yikes.
Got'cha beat, Touche, but I don't want the trophy.  I would look near the stern
for such a problem, perhaps a cracked cockpit drain hose (since the leak is
relatively slow, or a bilge pump hose, if that thru hull is under water while
motoring. I suspect it'll be an easy fix. Also, you might see if the lower
rudder grudgeon has a leak. That might be under water while under way, too.
Might be harder to fix.
Dan SheerPegathy LF38Rock Creek off the Patapsco