Happy new year all!

Working in the shop today, I was refastening the tenon to the foot of
Windstar's saloon table to its 'leg', and while inverted on the bench (the
saloon table, not me) I noticed the flaking varnish and the PO's sloppy
brushwork.   And lo, another project was added to the list.  That varnish
was easily scraped off with a hooked cabinet scraper, and it got me to
wondering....

Does anybody know what was originally used to finish the woods in the
interior?

Table
The top of my table clearly has an aging coat of satin varnish.   The base
had a thin coat of flaking varnish, at least down low.   Was it teak oil
originally?  Urethane?  will probably refinish the entire table.   When
refinishing, what has provided the best results?

Cabin sole
My keel repairs necessitated removing the entire cabin sole, which,
fortunately,  has been well protected by several sloppy coats of varnish.
Looks good from far, and in any case is not stained or water damaged, which
is a plus. Probably a solvent wipe, lump scrape, light sand and revarnish
Any idea on the original finish here?  Again, best results?

Thanks!

Dave