From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Russ &
Melody via CnC-List
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2016 8:42 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Russ & Melody
Subject: Stus-List Jan 1 cruise and miss

The New Years Day cruise is an old tradition for us. Most of the time it's a
motor cruise since winter on the Wet Coast is either light to no wind or too
much wind. This year was no wind but pleasant weather conditions.

An important part of this cruise is toasting some points of the compass.
Cardinal points, if you please. January 1st almost kept us in the marina due to
a layer of ice, we have a lot of fresh water coming into the smallish Nanaimo
Harbour. Some brave boats cut a path so we could get out to do our toasts.

Had we known there were beasties only four miles away, we would have went out
to Gabriola Island.

part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VZWU4VpTzHQ

part 2:
https://www.facebook.com/kyle.noble.56/videos_by

I was just shown these vids after the first day racing of the Winter Series.
(today was 6 -10 S/E and broke to sun late afternoon)

        Cheers, Russ
        Sweet 35 mk-1