In the documentation thread I mentioned that you could request an abstract
of title for your boat.  It will show each legal action on/against the
boat; sales, liens, etc.

I just pulled Touche's out to re-read.  Interesting stuff.  Lister Ed
Levert may remember a lot of the names here.

It starts with:

"This vessel was built at Ontario, Canada in 1971 of fiberglass by
Hinterhoeller LTD. for Walet Yacht Sales, Inc on appears by Certificate of
G.W. Brinksmead, Master Carpenter of Hinterhoeller, Ltd. Builder" and some
other stuff.

Lists the sale on 11/1/1971 from Walet yacht Sales to Touche's 1st owner,
Albert Edward Carpenter (nicknamed Skip, I think).  Then Carpenter sold it
to one William Hayes on 2/6/73.  Seven months later Hays sold it to B.B.
Saxon on 9/12/73.  Saxon sold it 4/21/81 to the guy I bought it from.

Some purchase pricing is actual, others list $10.00 & OVC (other valuable
consideration).

Interesting that, for the actual sales prices listed, it rose in value
about 10% with each of the first few sales.

As I said in the other post, the abstract shows a mortgage on 8/31/81 for
$63,280 by Irving Trust Company of New York.  The USCG VDC had no record of
that mortgage being satisfied.  The bank had been absorbed by another
bank.  Took me and the seller a few months to track down the paperwork to
send a satisfaction of mortgage with an original signature from the bank to
VDC so I could change the documentation to my name.

Not sure how much an abstract of title is these days.  It was about $25 in
1999.

Anyway, it's a piece of the history of the boat.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA