While working to remove the rusty exhaust mixing tee I noticed significant
rust on the oil cooler exterior.
I decided to remove it for inspection.
Here are some pics:
http://i.imgur.com/JRncLOQ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/R9HJv2k.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mboAyhP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LG1CBoV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3o8jjDm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/GEEHAo0.jpg

Looks to me to be in ok shape. The exterior rust does not look too deep. My
guess it is caused by the leaky exhaust which is just a few inches away.
The corrosion at the braze weld is a bit concerning, but since it is not
also occurring at the seawater exit end it probably is also caused by the
leaky exhaust splashing onto it, rather than indicating corrosion from
within.
My intentions are to just do a rust removal and repaint on the exterior,
and a removal of the corrosion on the nipples.
Any input is welcome.