From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Dennis C.
via CnC-List
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2016 6:48 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Dennis C.
Subject: Re: Stus-List Boom vanging...

Gee, Chuck

I guess there are a few folks on the list that like Garhauer vangs.  :).  I put
one on Touche' in 1999.  Still looks good and works great.  Highly recommend
one.

I've installed a few Garhauer vangs on other boats and have always had good
experiences with their support.

I installed a Boomkicker on a J30 several months ago and have a positive
opinion of that product also.

If it helps your decision, I have sold several rope vangs on eBay. Price ranges
from about $45 to $90  depending on size and condition.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA
On Jan 28, 2016 10:48 AM, "Chuck Saur via CnC-List"
Here's another post to get some experience-based advising.  I am looking to
purchase a rigid boom vang to replace the topping lift (damn thang) which is
always in the way of everything.   I will also replace the blocks/line I have
as manual vang. Tangs are built-in on the boom and mast base. I don't want
hydraulics, but wonder who can recommend which vang/size and other
considerations (vendor, etc) based on your purchase/use of them.

There is Forespar, Garhauer, Boomkicker, etc.  Some are less expensive but
appear the same.  Thoughts?

Chuck Saur
Morning Sky
C&C 35-3