Hello everyone,

I have a crack on the aft portion of the rudder where the two halves are
joined.   From what I can see, It is above the waterline.  Recently I had a
survey done and the moisture meter said there was some dampness behind the
crack.  Also, there are three or four dime sized blisters below the waterline.
The rudder does not seem to be weeping when removed from the water.  The
surveyor said the rudder was serviceable but that I'd need to fix it in the
future.  Any ideas on how to repair my rudder? I saw an article online  on how
to fix rudder cracks on the side, but I'm not quite sure how to fix the aft
joint.  Also, the boat is in St Augustine and I need to move it to Fort Pierce.
 I'm planning on motoring down the ICW in a couple weeks.  I'd rather take care
of it when I get the boat to it's new home.  But I'm curious if you think I
should take care of it before I leave.

Thanks a lot,

Mark McMenamy
C&C 25 "Icicle"