I have a car antenna, fully extended, parked in the space between the hull
and the nav station liner. Works well enough for my needs.
If you want to use masthead, you may want to check out the Shakespeare
antenna splitter and utilize the existing VHF antenna.

Jim Watts
Paradigm Shift
C&C 35 Mk III
Victoria, BC