Acrylic (Plexiglass) cracks easily, but is harder and more scratch resistant
than polycarbonate (Lexan). Stock car racers use polycarbonate for windshields
in their short track race cars. It is the more crack and impact resistant of
the two plastics, but more likely to cloud if you are too aggressive washing
it. It is a trade off like everything else, but I would lean toward the Lexan
in that application. Both of my boats have long Plexiglass side windows, and
both have one side that is cracked vertically more or less in the middle.

Steve Thomas
C&C36
Merritt Island, FL

C&C27 MKIII
Port Stanley, ON

---- Fred Hazzard via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
The 2 windows I replaced about 7 years ago with Sikka Flex and their primer
have developed a lot of cracks along the top edge.  These cracks are
leaking. I cannot recall if I used polycarbonate or cast acrylic.  Of the 2
choices which would be the better for replacement?  They are relatively
long windows that are held in only by the Sikka Flex.   This time  I plan
to use 3 M tape.

Fred Hazzard
S/V Fury
C&C 44