Years ago, an old timer taught me how to weld aluminum with an oxy-acetelyne torch. It was not that easy. You first used a yellow acetylene only flame to apply a layer of soot to the aluminum. Then you readjusted the flame to normal by adding oxygen. The problem with welding or brazing aluminum is that it goes from solid to liquid without any color change to warn you. The acetylene soot will burn off at 900 degrees, and the aluminum melts at around 1100 degrees.

This kit sounds like it would be a lot easier to use, even if the rods are not exactly aluminum.

Bill Bina