Hi Eugene,
Welcome to the group.  I have an 83 Mk II. Been out in 30-35 knots and 5-6'
seas. She's no 40 footer, but she actually handles it pretty well. You might
get a bit wet though without a dodger. As for the spreaders, mine has a bracket
that wraps the mast with studs that the spreaders slide over. A 3/8", I
believe, pin with cotter pins on both sides of the pin secure it to the mast.
It is much stronger than many like Size boats same vintage.

Bob
Beemer 29 MK II, #309

Sent from my iPad

> On Mar 25, 2016, at 5:21 PM, Stu via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>
> Nate – you have been a bad boy and should know better.  CHANGE THE SUBJECT
> LINE!!!!
>
> Stu

> This list is supported by the generous donations of our members. If you like
> what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All Contributions
> are greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!