I did lots of sail research and I came to the same conclusion you did about
Rolly Tasker.  However,  I ended up going local on my last boat because they
offered a boat show discount which brought them much closer.  I intended on
keeping that boat fur a long time and thought the higher quality would last
longer.   I ended up selling the boat after 4 seasons and the sails were still
"like new" according to the loft.  I do tend to bring my sails in for service
and storage every year.
I'd be willing to bet those RT sails will be fine for a few years.  Especially
if you have them inspected regularly.
My only actual experience with an RT sail is that my current boat came with one
fur a head sail.  The material seemed ok,  crisp, but it was a mess.  Sun cover
coming off,  stitching coming out everywhere,  bagged out like crazy,  some
shredding at the leach.  I think that sail stayed on the Furler all year long
for many years though, and was never in for inspection or service ever.  I
think of sails like engines and they need to be cared for regularly.  I think
it cost me a couple hundred a year,  more if they need anything like chafe
patches.
Anyway,  my $0.02 worth of advice
DannyMattapoisett, MA

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device-------- Original message --------From:
Andrew Means via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 3/25/2016  8:34 PM
(GMT-05:00) To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com Cc: Andrew Means
<andrew.cnc...@gmail.com> Subject: Stus-List Rolly Tasker Sails
Hey all -
As part of the long list of refinements and upgrades we need to make on the
Safari, we’re looking at getting a new main sail from Rolly Tasker via National
Sails in FL. Here’s the details of the quote:
C&C 34 (Does anybody feel like confirming that I’ve got these measurements
correct?)I = 44’J = 14P = 38.25E  = 10.92
Fully Battened Mainsail - Challenge 8.3oz High Modulus Dacron, 2 reefs -
$1,459Comes with leech lines with clam cleats, tell tales, flo-stripes*, and
sail bags. Construction includes triple-stitched seams, large radial corner
reinforcements, with handsewn leather chafe protection.
Seems like 8 out of 10 folks have overall positive experience with RT sails.
There are scattered reports of quality issues, but I’m inclined to see that as
a risk of any production sail loft. Have any of you ordered from them before?
What’s been your experience? I’m inquiring about adding a cunningham and seeing
what our options are for the slugs. Are there other options you’d recommend I
request?
Before anybody suggests I go to a custom sailmaker to get a super high quality
sail, the price is really what we can afford right now; if we need to spend
more money to get a decent sail then we’ll have to wait another season or two
to replace our (very tired) main. Willing to do that if enough folks wave us
off RT, but hoping this could be a great solution for our casual cruising needs!
Andrew
*What the heck are Flo-Stripes?--
Andrew Means
S.V. Safari - 1977 C&C 34 MK ISeattle, WA

greatly appreciated!