Have you been in a marina with one of the sleeves on the boat next door in 20
knows of wind?  I have.  Think flag.
Bill Walker
CnC  36

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Monday, March 28, 2016 Jean-Francois J Rivard via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

Just to make it a little more interesting..

With my (new to me) racing headsails This what I'm going with:
http://www.atninc.com/atn-genoa-sleeve-sailing-equipment.shtml

With the Genoa Sleeve way you have complete protection from sun / rain / pollen
/ whatever for no matter what sail happens to to be on the furler. ATN's sleeve
is a bit pricey but it seems to be the way to go.

Added weight to the sail(s) = 0

it's a little more hassle to hoist but this way I feel the sails are better
protected and I don't have to do anything to the sails.

-Francois Rivard
1990 34+ "Take Five"
Lake Lanier,  GA

John ? that was my thinking, too; and the sail is only on the fuller for about
five months a year up here.

Decisions, decisions?

? Fred

Fred Street -- Minneapolis
S/V Oceanis (1979 C&C Landfall 38) -- on the hard in Bayfield, WI   :^(

> On Mar 27, 2016, at 10:54 AM, John Pennie via CnC-List
> <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>
> Pretty much mirrors everything I?ve heard on the subject.  With that said, I
> went with Dacron.  It is noticeable in light air.
>
> John
>
>> On Mar 27, 2016, at 11:45 AM, Rick Brass via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com
>> <mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com>> wrote:
>>
>> I had a preliminary conversation with my local sailmaker about a new suit of
>> sails for Imzadi. He was also very down on using a Dacron sun cover for the
>> headsail. His opinion was that they are typically good for 5-6 years or
>> less, and better suited to use on sails used for club racing and not left
>> for long term on the furler. He said Sunberlla is heavier, stiffer, and more
>> expensive (which increases initial cost of the sail and slightly decreases
>> performance), but very much more durable (and a better value in the long run
>> if you are a cruiser).
>>
>> Rick Brass
>> Washington, N

greatly appreciated!