This isn't for my boat, but it is about marine hardware, sort of...

First, background:

I have to hang a dipole antenna for our emergency management amateur radio station. We're going to take advantage of some well placed concrete light poles in the parking lot. The dipole must be able to be lowered to the ground during severe weather, so a pulley will be mounted to the top of each of three poles.

Normally, for an easily accessible location, I'd get hardware-store galvanized pulleys, lag bolt them to the top of the pole, and grease them once or twice a year.

But, accessibility *is* going to be an issue. I have to get the fire department's bucket to get to the top of the pole.

So, I pondered using marine stainless hardware and pulleys for the installation. I'm not sure, so posting this for those who wish to offer a thought. Feel free to respond direct if you don't want to post to the group.

Thanks in advance,

A!

Andrew Frame
s/v Otter, C&C 24