Bev, a good rule of thumb for length of most jib sheets is 1 and 1/2  to 1
and 2/3rds of the boat length. Mauri Pro Sailing and Annapolis Performance
Sailing both have great rig calculators to help with purchasing lines.  You can
measure the diameter of your present sheet considering the line may be thicker
due to wear.  The diameter of sheets depends on their working load strength,
andwhether they will work with any present clutches or self-tailers. Beyond
that, its up to your preference for your type of sailing. If you'd like advice
on what to get and how much, it would be helpful for the list to know your boat
length and what kind of sailing you do?
Barbara HicksonC&C33-1 "Flight Risk" Hull No 475Charleston, SC

greatly appreciated!