From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Andrew Means
via CnC-List
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2016 11:05 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Andrew Means
Subject: Stus-List Orcas on Puget Sound

Yesterday we sailed to Bainbridge for lunch and, after running aground in Eagle
Harbor (our depth sounder is on the fritz & I got careless), and dinner at the
Harbor Island Pub we headed back into Puget Sound and were treated to this pod
of Orca Whales. They came and checked us out and we sailed with them off our
port beam for about 40 minutes. A number of times they swam directly under the
boat, sometimes in pairs, on their backs. We saw at least one baby orca, and
one patriarch with a dorsal fin at least 4ft tall. It was amazing. I’m still
high from it. I’d never seen Orcas before in all my sailing on the Sound, and
now we were face to face with them. Thought you guys might like to see!

https://youtu.be/1MYgneDPeLk

My friend’s wife Jamie shot the video (I was to agog to do anything but
squeal). After this we proceeded to sail on a broad reach in light airs and
perfectly flat sea on our way past West Point towards the locks. Also, a little
bonus - effectively zero wait time in the locks or at the bridges on our way to
and from Lake Union!

Hope you’re all having amazing springs (or falls for those of us in the
southern hemisphere)!

--
Andrew Means
S.V. Safari - 1977 C&C 34 Mk I