I used a knife and razor blade and made longitudinal cuts until it was weakened
and can be pulled off.

Also, another very important item to replace is your old propane hose--these
are seldom picked up in a boat survey and will disintegrate like other rubber
hoses!

Bob

Bob Boyer
S/V Rainy Days (1983 C&C Landfall 38 - hull #230)
Blog: dainyr...@blogspot.com
Email: dainyr...@icloud.com
Annapolis, MD (presently in Baltimore)

> On Apr 19, 2016, at 1:25 PM, patricia barkley-higginbottom via CnC-List
> <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>
> The diesel fuel filler hose, running from tank to deck fitting, is original
> on my 35-3. It is badly cracked and in need of replacement. This was noticed
> on an insurance survey at the ten year interval. It appears to be of a rubber
> compound. I find it impossible to move. Any hints as to how to remove this 2
> inch external hose without damage to the end fittings. If it is just rubber
> it could be cut but wonder if there is a metal spiral in the construction.
> Have not tried heat on the ends and am leery of doing so with a full tank of
> diesel. After the removal , then there is the question of finding a
> replacement. Suggestions requested please.
> Harold
> Celtic Spirit
> Hamilton, ON
>
> This list is supported by the generous donations of our members. If you like
> what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All Contributions
> are greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!