Someone, a while back, asked in another thread how I fit a below decks
autopilot in my c&c 33-1.  Here is a picture looking back from the
starboard cockpit locker showing the Al-tiller arm mounted on the rudder
post just above the quadrant.  A cable that runs to the cockpit is used to
engage the autopilot by inserting a pin into a fixed lower plate.  The
ram/actuator is the stainless steel piece that runs fore and aft and
connects to the tiller arm pivoting piece .

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByBr0fHpZdGvVUl4YjQyRkJpUlE/view?usp=sharing

The electronics that drives the ram could be any commercial unit but mine
consist of an Arduino, Pololu motor controller, electronic compass, and a
sparkfun rate gyro.  Unfortunately, this is all I have that shows the
electronics:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByBr0fHpZdGvNHFFRXdacG1Nbm8/view?usp=sharing

 Cheers,

David