Touche's refrigeration install created satellite jobs all over the boat.
In addition to having to relocate the freshwater pump, accumulator and tank
for a new battery, I decided to replace lots of lights with LED bulbs to
save battery power.  No problem, easy job, right?  WRONG!

When I pulled the dome off the starboard Perko deck mounted side light on
the bow plate, two of the self tapper screws were stripped out.  These
lights really need to be screwed down tight, particularly in a salt water
environment.  The stripped out hole in the aluminum bow palte just wasn't
going to do it.

A brief search found a stainless 6-32 thread insert kit (Heli Coil) on
Amazon.  Took about 10-15 minutes per light to drill tap and install the
thread inserts.  The inserts and machine screw fasteners were coated with
TefGel.  The lights are now screwed down tight with their new MarineBeam
LED bulbs burning brightly.  :)

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA