Being an architecture school graduate, I'm pretty familiar with Frank Gehry's architecture and design aesthetic. I learned a bit about Greman Frers while boat shopping and reading about some boats caught my eye that were designed by him.

This boat has a place in nautical history and in architectural design. This is most notably interesting as you have an ideal scenario. A world famous architect with many remarkable buildings standing, a world famous naval architect with many remarkable designs afloat, an extremely reputable yard AND a very rich client with pockets deep enough and and interest strong enough to spend the money that would make something like this happen! It is a true rarity and this is a boat that will, most likely, be talked among students of both worlds for many years to come!

Danny

On 4/25/2016 1:45 PM, David via CnC-List wrote:
I was given a tour of /Foggy /when she was in Edgartown for the "Round The Vineyard Race last summer.

The interior was fascinating. But no opening ports anywhere. Felt a little constricting and disconnected from the elements. And the "windows" reveal the construction cross-section. Hard to not be impressed. All systems, of course, were impeccable.

Interesting study, but not to my taste

David F. Risch
(401) 419-4650 (cell)

Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 11:48:47 -0400
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Frank Gehry - German Frers designed sailboat
From: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
CC: brianwdavis...@gmail.com

Extremely cool!!  Thanks for sharing.

Brian
'80 LF38

On Apr 25, 2016 11:42 AM, "Danny Haughey via CnC-List" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com <mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com>> wrote:

    This is something.... Interesting!  She looks fast!

http://www.townandcountrymag.com/leisure/sporting/news/a3650/gehry-yacht-foggy/

    Danny

    This list is supported by the generous donations of our members.
    If you like what we do, please help us pay for our costs by
    donating. All Contributions are greatly appreciated!