Hello gang. Thinking of warm weather and reading the great article on
lightning protection by Glen Miller (thank you whoever sent the link).  I
could absorb most of the intent, although some of the detail was a little
over my head. One of the most critical points he made was to connect the
mast to the keel for lightning to smoothly exit, and maintain other avenues
for exit as well (chain plates, etc.).  Here is the site again:

http://waeshael.com/waeshael.com/Propane_and_Lightning_files/Lightning.pdf

Now here is the question.  My 35-3 has a keel bolt directly under the mast,
and the mast is stationed within an aluminum tray.  Direct metal to metal
contact.  So...by design, is this already a head start on proper grounding?
My keel, (like everyone else's?) has a thin sheath of glass around the
metal of the keel, but does this suffice?  Hmmmmm...should I feel safer?

Seems the chainplates and toerail need connecting to ground, but did C&C
design help us out here? I always approached this topic with confusion, and
trying to get it figured out...

*Chuck Saur*
Morning Sky
C&C 35-3