Dennis

I read your comments and just started nodding my head and almost laughed out
loud (about the breaking stuff)

It is in fact much cheaper to break stuff on other people’s boats than on your
own!  Last year we had a spinnaker snafu on Koobalibra (C&C115) that cost Dave
$800.  On Persistence we broke the wheel pilot ring (well placed foot), a genoa
car blew up and I think that was just about it.  Total for all the bits to put
my stuff back together was under $250

We in fact have a hybrid program where we race most of the year and big
regattas on Koobalibra and early season, fun weekend races and fall races are
aboard Persistence.  We never race both boats in the same event.  Keeps the
wear and tear down on Persistence while still keeping her tuned up.  A lot of
the same crew on both boats.  On Koobalibra I do main trim.  On Persistence I
have done main, genoa and mostly foredeck depending on where we are short.  I
have driven my boat a bit but usually my wife Heather drives.  I get to drive
on deliveries and under motor and on day sails ….

We have had a lot of “guest” sailors on Koobalibra over the years.  Former
Olympians and champions.  We do indeed learn a lot!

We actually did start doing most of our racing in a Jib and Main series at our
previous club on a previous boat (Niagara 26).  Most of the competitors were
husband and wives on their cruising boats.  With us it was Heather and our
young daughters and me.  It was fun and we did learn there as well.

Mike
Persistence
1987 Frers 33
Halifax, NS