Date: Sun, 1 May 2016 15:45:57 +0000 (UTC)
From: randy.staff...@comcast.net
To: cnc-list <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Subject: Stus-List 30-1 Mainsail Foot Length

Listers-

I posted a few pictures from my first race in my new-to-me 30-1 (hull #7) last
Wednesday night at
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-NqAxQ6JxFTeUlmcm1IX1c5ZHc

You can see the foot of my mainsail is considerably shorter than my boom. I'm
wondering if that's "normal" for 30-1s (or other C&Cs for that matter). It
doesn't really look normal judging by brochure photos and drawings.

A previous owner had also raised the boom at least a foot from its original
height, as the C&C itself did on later C&C 30s.

When I get a new mainsail I'd like to increase its area by both returning the
boom to its original height, and increasing the length of mainsail's foot. I'm
thinking more area equals more power equals more speed. And I can live with a
lower boom.

Any words of wisdom to share?

Thanks,
Randy Stafford