Septima has two tanks; one under starboard settee, one under the vee berth. A little over 42 gallons. I added a bladder tank behind the port settee plumbed to the head so we get a fresh water flush and no stinky bay water in the head. Offshore I can change over to ocean water to conserve fresh water. Used only for the head, it's only about 10 gallons and it's useful for lateral trim.

Allen Miles

From: "Steve Thomas via CnC-List" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2016 8:32 AM
To: <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: "Steve Thomas" <sthom...@bellnet.ca>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Water tank size. Is there more than one? 30MkII 1988

There is often confusion between imperial and american gallons, and sometimes litres. I used to prepare daily cost analysis reports first thing in the morning, and the last thing to do before printing it off and handing it to the bosses was what we called the "sanity check" - do the numbers make sense.

78 imperial gallons of water weighs 780 pounds.

On the other hand, 78 litres is equivalent to 20.6 U.S. gallons, which is a pretty common size.

Steve Thomas
C&C36
Merritt Island, FL
C&C27 MKIII
Port Stanley, ON

---- David via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
Specifically I have no idea, but to provide some perspective my 1981 40' has two 30 gallon water tanks and a 20 gallon holding tank.

I highly doubt you have a 78 gallon water tank or a 35.5 gallon holding tank on a 30'. That's a lot of tank.

David F. Risch
(401) 419-4650 (cell)