John — which a Series plotter have you got?  The 7” variants do NOT have
NMEA0183 on them, which you’ll need for the B&G pilot.  The larger a Series
variants do have NMEA0183 on them.

As far as the extent of talking to each other, it’s going to be a one-way
conversation; the MFD will output bearing to a waypoint and cross-track error,
and the pilot will steer to it when enabled.  That’s it, unless you have a wind
instrument tied to the plotter, and the B&G will steer to wind angle.

— Fred

Fred Street -- Minneapolis

> On May 14, 2016, at 4:43 PM, John Pennie via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
> wrote:
>
> Just not sure how much control I can have via the plotter with just a nmea
> 183 interface.  Will hook it all up and see to what extent they talk to each
> other.

greatly appreciated!