This is a case where black nylon line might be preferable, if you really want
the knots to stay in the same place on the life lines. Works especially good if
you soak it in water first. Nylon's otherwise annoying tendency to weld itself
into un-pickable knots could be an advantage in this situation.

Steve Thomas

---- Rick Brass via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
Best lifeline netting I’ve seen was on a boat in the marina I manage. Made from
the material used for backstop netting in baseball diamonds, by a company whose
primary business was sports backstops. Order a kit by size needed, and IIRC
cost a bit over $100 to do a Morgan OI41.

Black in color so one does not see it. UV resistant for very long life.
Something like a 3” square pattern of fabric reinforced by a nylon thread. Came
with rings to attach  to the lifelines and toe rails. Can’t recall the name of
the manufacturer, but have it in a file on the boat somewhere.

For the time being, I use the technique Dennis suggested: Dacron luff cord
woven in a diamond pattern in the lifelines.

Rick Brass

Washington, NC

greatly appreciated!