+1 on the Forespar control Line whisker pole. The telescopic feature is
great to accommodate dip pole gybes and facilitate the general handling.
We use it all the time, my 105 lbs / 15 year old son is a master at it..
We've had it out in 15-19 knot winds, my son has very little trouble
handling it even in those conditions as long as I'm smooth at the helm /
act quickly with the sheets.

We don't use a lift and only use a guy to keep it from lifting if the
winds are above 12 knots or so

Ours is smaller than what you would use but it's still big and heavy yet
once you know how to handle it, it's pretty easy to handle..

Here are a few tricks:

Install a mounting ring on lifeline stanchion to secure the fore end  /
attach the aft end to the mast car prior to leaving (See pictures on
Flickr). This way you never have to lift more than half the weight..
That's how we avoid a lift and the complexities thereof

To make it easier to extend.. Once it's made, run pretty much dead
downwind / let the sheet loose to where the pole is near the forestay then
extend. At that point there's hardly any compression on it, making it
pretty easy.

To gybe: Rotate the boat slowly, as it gets DDD collapse the pole, dip it
down past the forestay, quickly extend it while it's near the forestay on
the other side, secure control line, crank the sheet. With a little
practice it's really not that hard.

We don't normally furl but it's a great "Bail-out" option. When ever
there's trouble: Loosen sheets (Not too much to avoid the pole striking
the forestay), collapse the pole, and furl.

In a pinch if you can furl the genoa a bit you can let the pole go near
the forestay and use it on a reach like a symmetric spin. It's not ideal
but if you only need to be on a reach for a short period it keeps things
simple

We stow it on deck using a Forespar stanchion mount for the aft end / a
ring on the other. I considered the mast mount but decided against it
because of cost / complexity / windage / center of gravity and using the
techniques mentioned above, you only need to support half the weight
anyway.  Check out my flickr to see my mounts :
https://www.flickr.com/photos/133565480@N04/with/21980567419/

Good Luck with it.

-Francois
1990 34+ "Take Five"