From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Andrew Means
via CnC-List
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 8:58 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Andrew Means <andrew.cnc...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Simrad WP30 just turns to starboard

Hey all -

I’ve got a Simrad WP30 that only seems to like steering to starboard. After
following the instructions in
<https://www.simrad-yachting.com/Root/Operator%20Manual/SimradYachting/English/wp10.pdf>
 the manual for holding a course it does nothing except make many small
adjustments to starboard, at which point the boat just goes in circles. The PO
said he thought it had worked at one point, but never used it. The manual isn’t
helpful at all, and these
<http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f13/simrad-wp30-help-108170.html>
<http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f13/simrad-wheel-pilot-wp30-16255.html>
posts from Cruisers Forum don’t seem to offer up any solutions.

Is there any hope for my unit, or should I be looking for another? I’m hoping
to do more singlehanded sailing later this year and I’d really like to have an
autopilot for longer passages. The WP30 is exactly the level of functionality
I’m looking for - just something that can hold a course and tack. Sub $500
would be awesome, I assume at that price I’m going to be looking for a used
unit. Any suggestions?

--
Andrew Means
S.V. Safari - 1977 C&C 34 Mk I