Hi Danny, my musings on negative vs screen:

The negative wire will have current flowing through it to power the radar and,
because of the voltage drop from one end to the other, will not be at precisely
the same potential as it exits the radar as the negative post.  The screen
should have very limited current (it is not part of the power circuit) and
therefore should be at the same potential as the negative post.  Voltage drop
will depend on the wire size / length and power draw of the appliance.

Regards,

Tim
Ex C&C 35-3

greatly appreciated!