90% of the time, overheating on a yanmar is due to restriction in the
exhaust where the water get injected after the manifold.
Usually it connects to a rubber bellows/hose that can be easily taken out.
Then poke into the exhaust with a large screwdriver and see if you see
flakes of carbon
Ahmet
Winthrop, MA

greatly appreciated!