Hi Chuck,

How about making a custom tiller arm that fits into the emergency tiller
fitting above the radial drive? I saw that done online and thought that
was rather clever.  I've also been mulling this over for a couple years
now and that's the best "easy" solution I saw.

I have a similar situation where I would prefer a linear drive on my 34+
and for me there's no "Below deck" option as the radial drive sits over
the cockpit floor under a cover in the pass through to the open stern swim
ladder. The "correct" way involves dropping the rudder, cutting the tube
below decks, slipping a tiller through, then custom glassing proper
supports and shelving.. That's a pretty labor intensive project..

-Francois Rivard
1990 34+ "Take Five"
Lake Lanier, GA

greatly appreciated!