I have a Nicro unit right above the doorway to the v-birth on the cabin
side of the bulkhead.  I kinda wish I had a second one and I would like it
in the aft stateroom. Like you guys though I hate to drill in the
fiberglass and it's way down on the priority list.

The one I have is the regular Nicro unit, it works well and runs 24/7 all
year long.
http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|6880|2290139|2290144&id=1193043

Since my boat is at a dock with shore power I also run 3 regular house
fans (Vornado) around the cabin and that circulation keeps the mildew
away.

As far as dealing with moisture I tried the cheap DampRid thing from
Walmart I had bought it for something else and decided to try it.. It
works remarkably well.  The summer is in full swing in Georgia this week
it was hot and muggy for several days. We went to the boat today for the
Wednesday night racing and even though the 90+ degree day made the cabin
really hot it was remarkably dry when I walked in  / opened the boat up.
My small unit is about full (It has lasted almost 1 month) I think I'll
buy a bigger one.

http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=Damprid

Good luck with it.

-Francois Rivard