Do you have a baby stay?

On 2016-06-02 09:48 AM, Jean-Francois J Rivard via CnC-List wrote:

The Dutch guy on the Youtube video is full of crap.

It works the exact same way with the masthead rig. Think about pulling the string back on a bow (Bow and arrows) it has the exact same effect. It moves the top down and back / bows the mast in middle (Your mast has flexibility built into it for that reason) thus flattening the main and tightening the forestay / flattening the entry on the genoa as well. When I crank on my back stay the mast head bends down / back about 6 inches, you can see it if you sight it as someone cranks on the backstay.

Francois Rivard
1990 34+  "Take Five"
Lake Lanier, GA

I'm new to sailing. My C&C 30MkII has an adjustable back stay. However, I
have watched a couple sailing videos and they say with a full rig vs.
fractional, it cannot be adjusted because the back and front stays are
attached at the top.
How do you adjust the mast rack/bend with a back stay if the fore stay is
attached at the same point?  Keeps answers simple for me...don't know all
the lingo yet.
Thanks.
Regards

greatly appreciated!