I replaced my shore power cord with a smart plug a couple of years ago, very
happy with it!  I wrote a (positive) review for it that appeared in Good Old
Boat a while back.   Recommended!

Graham Collins
Secret Plans
C&C 35-III #11

On 2016-06-13 1:14 PM, Edd Schillay via CnC-List wrote:
I’m probably going to replace mine — but not the cord itself. I’ve heard a lot
of good things about SmartPlug connections and will probably just upgrade mine
to that.

http://www.defender.com/product3.jsp?path=-1%7C328%7C2290035%7C2290039&id=1723147

All the best,

Edd

Edd M. Schillay
Starship Enterprise
C&C 37+ | Sail No: NCC-1701-B
City Island, NY
Starship Enterprise's Captain's Log<http://enterpriseb.blogspot.com/>

On Jun 13, 2016, at 11:56 AM, Jean-Francois J Rivard via CnC-List

Hi  Y'all

A couple months ago I was reading about old shore power cords and their
resistance and how that can cause serious problems..  It turned out mine looked
like what Don Casey warns you about..
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1687/26304650791_2c79e2dd60_b.jpg

I'm glad I happened to read the article in Sail!

Using some West reward certificates / taking advantage of an early spring sale
(That was back in march) I was able to get some inexpensive insurance / peace
of mind.

The EEL model was reasonable in price and the new design plug with integrated
led light are nice to use.

You might want to take a good look at yours.

-Francois Rivard
1990 34+ "Take Five"
Lake Lanier, GA

greatly appreciated!