Drainage - More like what I'd describe as dampness along the cracks, and
after I ground off a previous skim-repair, after sitting all winter.  Not
enough water to leak out of the holes.  I had much bigger issues I was
addressing at the time, you may have seen my blog on my keel stub repair.
there is a photo in there that shows the leaking joint just after haul
out.   This image actually includes the bulging area, but you really can't
see it from that angle.  (it was subtle anyway)  I don't think the keel
bulge leaked at all on haul out, but I was looking elsewhere....

http://cncwindstar.blogspot.ca

Lead - I drilled holes and used an adapted  syringe.  Fully penetrated?
Who knows.   I used what I had, and a less viscous material would have been
better.

Mitigation - I sealed it up as best I could without completely removing the
keel.  (I removed the bolts and gently jacked the bow to open a 1/4" gap)
  IF you have a 33ii, 35iii or mid 80s 41, you could have the soggy keel
stub/mast step sink syndrome, in which case water could be entering through
the keel/hull joint, then stored, camel-like, in the keel stub, then
released into the bolts on haul out, despite dry bilges and no leaks at all
under the keel bolt-nuts themselves.

I think the result is good and appropriately permanent.

Dave

greatly appreciated!