Hi Richard,

Holland Marine out of Mississauga Ontario ( http://www.hollandmarine.com )
has the closest thing (But much better made) to the original plastic
"thinghies".  They are made out of brass and have a better spring. I've
used them to replace most of mine, they're solid and look nicer.

On my boat (if I recall correctly) I used a hand drill to bore small pilot
holes 6 mm from the top / lined-up with the original holes for the catch.
Then you drill one more hole about 2 mm from the original on the receiver
end to adjust it for a perfect fit.

Regards

-Francois Rivard
1990 34+ "Take Five"