Russ, it's a slat-bottom Zodiac. It really is an inflatable, I pump it up
in the spring and deflate it in the fall. Usually don't have to do anything
to it in between.
I really like the concept of an air floor, most folks seem happy with
theirs. With no storage at home, it has to live in the mothership over the
winter, so a RIB is out.
We gave up on hard tenders after an episode of running downwind in the
Strait of Georgia, when I was certain our 8' glass dinghy was going to join
us in the cockpit of our Shark.

Jim Watts
Paradigm Shift
C&C 35 Mk III
Victoria, BC

On 11 August 2016 at 21:40, Russ & Melody via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> Is this a hard dinghy, d'flatable (with *x *type floor) or a hybrid?
>
> I'm intrigued by the high pressure floor d'flatables but haven't tried one
> yet.
>
> Only an optimistic person calls them inflatables 'cause that is not their
> preference from what I've seen.
>
>         Cheers, Russ
>         * Sweet*, 35 mk-1
>
> At 07:05 PM 11/08/2016, you wrote:
>
> We towed a light dinghy all the way around Vancouver Island, and usually
> set it for minimum drag, so 2-3 fingers of pressure in calm weather. As the
> wind and waves increased, we pulled the dinghy right up on the transom so
> only the back end is in the water. That also stops the wind from spinning
> it behind the boat like a propeller and expelling all the contents, which
> we experienced once and don't want to repeat. After one bad experience
> running downwind and wave in the Strait of Georgia we always make sure to
> take the drain plug out and tether it.
>
> Jim Watts
> Paradigm Shift
> C&C 35 Mk III
> Victoria, BC

> like what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All
> Contributions are greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!