From: Dreuge <dre...@gmail.com>
To: CnClist <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Guidance required on Sewage hose type - LF38
   NOW    Active holding tank vent

Dave,

From what all the experts say, using quality hose and having proper ventilation
are main keys.   A real eye opener for me was finding
a bug nest clogged air vent line, so at the very least check or replace your
vent line.   To be honest, I cannot make any claims that adding the
active ventilation fixed any problems as the system was be newly installed so
there was no problem to fix.  But at such a small
cost ~$25, it was a no brainer to install a system which constantly  pumps
fresh air into the holding tank.   I thought briefly about getting a
12V air pump, but  if I were to make any changes it would be to plumb the
galley sink drain to the head inlet so that when I leave the boat for an
extended period,
the head inlet could easily be flush with fresh water.   This eliminate salt
water organisms from the inlet line which die off in
the line and decay, without oxygen, anaerobically.

-
Paul E.
1981 C&C 38 Landfall
S/V Johanna Rose