I seriously considered the window unit in the companionway before I went
with the portable unit.

I decided the portable unit was the way to go because the idea of wresting
the unit out of the way every time I wanted to exit the boat didn't sound
like a good idea.

I'm thinking that if I went with the idea of creating a hood for a hatch
where the air was forced down into the cabin from above, I could have
purchased two window units for the price that I paid for the one portable
unit, and still had more than enough money left over to purchase the
materials I needed to make the hoods that would direct the air into the
hatches.

James
S/V Kristy
1971 C&C 39