From: robert<mailto:robertabb...@eastlink.ca>
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 09:04
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com<mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Marek Dziedzic<mailto:dziedzi...@hotmail.com>
Subject: Grand adventure/ long distance sailing in a C&C

Marek, I am pretty sure this was a 'single-handed' trip.....the sailor
was from the Armdale Yacht Club.....was a topic of conversation among
the sailing community here.  Now whether he had his passport with him or
didn't want a warm beer or his wife called and told him to get home, I
can't say.

On another sailing adventure, I met the Russian sailor that circumvented
in a C&C 35 MKI......I didn't plan it but I just happened to be on the
dock at our club to let his lines go when he left Halifax on his
adventure and a few years later, I just happened to be on the dock to
receive his lines when he returned.   Why Halifax was his start and
finish point, I don't know.  I never thought to ask him.  I gave him
some chocolate bars just before he left and he gave me a bag of dried
seaweed when he returned.  I didn't eat the seaweed.

He put the boat up for sale on his return to Halifax.....no idea what
happened to it......it was pretty crude.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84
Halifax, N.S.

On 2016-08-23 11:40 PM, Marek Dziedzic via CnC-List wrote:
> I know personally a couple of guys, who while living in Halifax (now
> one of them is in Ottawa), did this (or the same) trip. But they did
> it two-handed. Either it is a very popular endeavour among Haligonians
> or we are talking about the same trip.
> Marek

greatly appreciated!