HI Antoine,

I read your comment " Water temperature in July is around 6-7 degree
celsius (around 45 Fahrenheit) in the St-Lawrence. There are a number of
consequences to this. First, you need winter clothes (I?ve sailed under
snow and freezing rain in mid May)."  And started smiling..

I distinctly remember attempting to launch my 470 off the beach somewhere
near Saint-Irenee in July back in the early 80's:  Within about 5 minutes
of wading around to launch the boat, I could not feel anything from the
knee down. If I remember right we went for a short sail and decided that
discretion was the better par of valor /  put the boat back on the trailer
for the remainder of the weekend and stayed out of the glacial water.  LOL

Regards,

-Francois Rivard
1990 34+ "Take Five"
Lake Lanier, GA